What is dc analysis?
DC analysis allows you to analyze steady-state characteristics of any circuit. You can use DC analysis for various plots, including transfer functions, where one source is varied, and device I -V curves, where two sources are varied. Transfer function plots help to determine DC offset, bias and overall amplifier gain.
Numerous variables can be varied in DC analysis. Among these are voltage and current sources, temperature, and model parameters.The variables can be swept in a linear or log method, or swept through a list of values.
Click on Run menu and select DC Analysis or use shortcut key d.
How to run DC analysis?:
Click on the DC with Sweep check box and uncheck the option.
Click on the Run DC without Sweep button.
This will give you DC operating point of the circuit as shown below.
How to run DC-Sweep analysis?
· Check DC with Sweep
· Click on “Type” to view type of components available for sweep, select the one you want to sweep. In the given image below it is “DCSource”
· Click on “Instance” drop down to select the right component by its name, if there is more than one component of the same type, In this case it is “DCSource0”
· Click on “Parameter” drop down list to select the parameter to sweep for example voltage, current or resistance.
· Edit “Sweep Start” text box and enter the suitable value and select the unit from the drop down list.
· Edit “Sweep End” text box and enter the suitable value and select the unit from the drop down list.
· Select the “number of points” from the drop down list
· Click on “Run DC with Sweep”