A switch is an electrical component that can break an electrical circuit, interrupting the current or diverting it from one conductor to another.
How to use the switch?
1. Wherever the circuit requires it, drag and drop the switch from the component panel.
2. Now the properties can be changed. That is we can control the operation of the switch. Double-click the switch. The following properties panel opens.
3. The initial state of the switch can be selected as either “open” or “close”.
4. Next set to what state the switch should change to – either to close, open and after what time.
5. What is the purpose of the ‘+’? If you want to add another switching event click it.
The dialog box will be as shown above. And the second event takes place after the first event with the time that is entered.
6. For example, consider the situation as shown below. It shows that the switch was open initially and 3 ms after the simulation starts, it closes. It remains like that for another 4 ms after which the switch opens again. Multiple events can be added similarly.